How to Lose Weight Fast
Weight Loss Surgery
Weight Loss Pills
Low Carb Diet
Natural Weight Loss
Weight Loss Supplement
Weight Loss Hypnotherapy
Patch Weight Loss
Lose Abdominal Fat
Loose Skin After Weight Loss
Best Way to Lose Weight
Finding the Right Weight Loss Supplement
Written by: Karen Duncan
Choosing the Best Weight Loss Supplement
With the huge variety of weight loss products on the market today, each claiming to be better than the last, it's no wonder most people have no idea where to begin when finding the right weight loss supplement. Since there are so many different types to choose from, it only makes sense to identify your specific needs in order to narrow down your choices to a manageable amount.
Why Are You Overweight?
First, it's most important to determine what's really keeping you overweight or in poor physical health. Is your thyroid functioning properly? Are your hormone levels within the normal range? Do you need a specific plan to increase your metabolism? Do you participate in some type of physical activity each and every day? Is your weight simply due to a bit of overeating?
Whatever the reason, we at least know that it's mostly the food we eat that is making us fat, along with the lack of regular exercise. Once you've gotten to the root of the problem, it's a good idea to some research on the weight loss supplement you'd like to try.
Find the answers to the following questions before you make your purchase:
- Is the product sold by a reputable company, or by one with a known brand name that you've heard of?
- Is there any type of substantial, scientific evidence to back up the product's claims?
- Does the product claim to help with sensible weight loss of two or three pounds per week, or does it make outrageous claims of 10 pounds per week, or three losing three dress sizes in a few days?
- Do you know of every ingredient in the product, or are there names you can't pronounce, or may not have ever heard of before now?
- Is the company's contact information clearly listed on the product's label, preferably with a toll-free number for customers to call with questions and concerns?
- Is there any type of money-back guarantee?
Price is a Consideration
After you're convinced the weight loss supplement you're considering has met the above criteria, consider price and how available the product is. Meaning whether or not you'll be paying expensive shipping costs, or having a hard time finding it in your local nutrition store.
Some studies have shown that chromium picolinate is effective as a dietary supplement to promote weight loss. Pyruvate, which is actually formed by the body when breaking down carbohydrates, and garcinia cambogia are two other weight loss supplements commonly found on shelves today.
Chitosan, which is a starch derived from shellfish, is another popular weight loss supplement that's supposed to help block the absorption of fats. Bitter orange is another ingredient also found in many weight loss supplements, and has as similar affect on the body as ephedra, possibly causing high blood pressure in some people.
Best Way to Choose the Right Weight Loss Supplement
Overall, the best way to choose the weight loss supplement that would work best for your body's unique metabolic needs, is simply by doing plenty of research on the product, knowing why you may have a weight problem, and making a firm commitment to a healthier lifestyle.